Thursday, May 28, 2009

Thursday's Train Ride

This morning I was completely engrossed in a fantastic storyline of a book and just enjoying being able to sit in that seat and read when three unassuming people sat down around me three stops into my ride. They started up with the most distracting and loud conversation which totally distracted me from my book. I cannot fault those who would like to carry on conversations with others while riding the train, but I cannot remember the last time I was unable to even partially "tune-out" other's discussion while reading on the train. I was forced to back-track three pages and reread them which brings me to the kicker = my eyes fell upon the last two pages of the entire book just as the storyline was coming together and the train pulls into my station! I was insensed to say the very least; and all morning I was dead-set on just ducking under my desk and speed reading through the last lines; but that would just make an abortion of a beautiful tale, so I waited as patiently as I was able until I had a few free moments and it was a perfect ending.

1 comment:

  1. LOL...talk about captive audience!!! Thank you MTA! and you know you couldnt even have switched cars even if you wanted to? No seats and you can get a ticket if you do it while train is in motion. Not to mention the F is notorious for having trains you cant move on.

    Sorry Emmy!!!

    ReplyDelete